THEonlyGOALIE

The Obscure Ramblings of an Ex-Goalie.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Rant on My Creative Non-Fiction Class

If there was ever a time to rant it would be now. I do not look artsy or that cool creative writer type or even the savvy somewhat sexy journalist type. I prance in wearing scrubs or soccer clothes many times with a burnt orange hoodie (my salute to my semester at UT Austin) and my hair in a messy wet ponytail (evidence that I visit the gym AND shower right before class).

I get looks of disgust or maybe amusement.

Maybe it was the creative nonfiction piece I did on the need to treat rats humanely (I can post this if anyone cares to read it).

The other day I referenced "The Garden State" and how much I really liked the movie.

One of the "too cool for school" kids gave it a big thumbs down complete with the tongue-out "fart" noise and a boistrus "TERRIBLE MOVIE, don't waste your time. Uh!"

My face turned red and I had no comment.

I had no idea that people still behave that way when in objection to something.

I guess I am not cool enough for them.

But as the last comment of the film was:

"Life hurts."

2 Comments:

Blogger Chalupa said...

Garden State so rocked my world. It was my #1 movie of 2004. Sounds to me like 'to cool for school' needs a kick in the pants.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Dude, Can I only assume that you're description of journalists was inspired, indeed finds all of its roots and meanings, with me?

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home