THEonlyGOALIE

The Obscure Ramblings of an Ex-Goalie.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Day like Today

Do you ever have one of those days where you need to wake up early (4:15 a.m.) and get things done, but when the alarm goes off for the first time you mash the snooze (nine extra minutes). But then you just keep hitting it.

It becomes desperate.

At some point you hit the snooze and then set your cell phone to wake you up in five minutes thinking the extra alarm will kick you out of the funk.

You let it ring for a min.

It is now 5.

Then there is no memory of getting up to hit the snooze (the alarm clock is across the room to promote getting out of bed).

It is now 6.

Oh no.

Panic sets in, because now the situation is desperate.

That was me this morning. Luckily I was able to get everything done, but my body and mind are so over-worked these days I just can't make it function right. Coffee isn't working anymore either.

I need the weekend like a monkey needs a banana.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I swear I didn't read this before posting something similar myself; it was coincidence! Still, I linked, so that you don't think I'm a creative leech. :D

4:52 PM  
Blogger The Journeyman said...

trust me...he is

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home