THEonlyGOALIE

The Obscure Ramblings of an Ex-Goalie.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tumbleweed and now THIS!

Once upon a time as a high school senior my parents began the process of moving to El Paso. It was spring break in Pascagoula and I got to leave the ocean city to look at houses in the desert. As you can imagine I wasn't completely thrilled. One morning during breakfast, a Mexican restraunt in a strip mall, I just kept looking at the sand and cacti outside shaking my head. It was then that a real tumbleweed blew across the parking lot. It was all a bit too much for me. The only times I ever went to El Paso was during breaks in my first years of college. One trip I got a sand storm as a welcoming... Things were just strange.

My parents have moved again. They build a house in TX still, out in the country, and I am happy to say there is tons of grass. Last night while watching TV on my parents floor, it is the only TV that works right now, I spied something that looked a lot like an earwig walking around. I wasn't concerned about it. I was trying to watch a movie.

The "earwig" then began marching straight towards me.

I got a little concerned, tore my eyes from the TV, and screamed like a little girl.

Marching towards me on a direct path was a scorpian with its stinger flopped over its back. It was no more than two inches long and it took me a minute to react... I thought that they were bigger.

I got up and started running around, what can I kill it with? My parents haven't unpacked much and the room is full of boxes. I ran to the closet, grabbed my mother's white dress shoe, and began to try and kill the scorpian. Even in dying the scorpian's tail is trying to sting the shoe and even long after the body isn't moving the tail is just going. AHHHHH!

So now I am paranoid. One little sting could do some damage. If the bee sting I got was any evidence.

Roaches are gross but this is down right scarey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chalupa said...

I used to live in Arizona and whenever we'd go camping we'd shake our shoes out in the morning. I've also found scorpions in my shoes when I've been in Reynosa, MX. Kinda freaks you out a bit.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home