THEonlyGOALIE

The Obscure Ramblings of an Ex-Goalie.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ringing in the New Year

Being an unemployed graduate wasn't something I planned on. My brothers had a job immediately after graduating and so should I, right? After five long months of being unemployed, feeling frantic, and being severely harsh on myself for not living up to my own standards I have accepted a job that starts on January 8th and will be moving shortly.

It is like the saying, "Good things come to those who wait." I wasn't necessarily waiting, I more actively pursuing. There are tread marks on the new carpet in my bedroom where I spent many afternoons pacing willing an e-mail to pop up in my mail box. At some point a concerned person even let it be known that they hoped I wasn't waiting around to get married and start life that way. That's an interesting idea, but clearly not. I value my independence and proving to people that I can make it relatively on my own (my mother and father will always be sought out for their advice. They have lived longer than me and can only offer helpful words of wisdom... No matter if I decide to use their knowledge or not.). Besides, getting married would actually involve dating. I haven't had a date in a really long time. It seems like my dating life always suffers at the expense of something else I am doing. I wanted to make good grades, play soccer, be in a sorority, live off campus, and have two jobs. Not much time for dating. Then I graduated. Job searching became my focus, dating got the shaft again. It doesn't help that I really friendly and I like to joke around so I get stuck in the friend category more often than not. So marriage... That's going to take some time.

So anyway, here's to the new year! I'm ringing it in right. I finally have a job, I'm about to move, and the next phase of my life can begin!


Happy New Year to everyone. I hope it brings all sorts of new possibilities and happiness to each and everyone of you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow Jos. I hope you have a relaxing drive and a good rest tonight altho I'm sure you'll be too excited to get much sleep. wow... you're like a grownup now. does that mean we have to stop watching silly girl movies? ugg.. you'd better not get all "mature" on me. anywho... I miss you! I know you're going to be fantastic tomorrow and anyone who disagrees is just silly. I love you!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home