THEonlyGOALIE

The Obscure Ramblings of an Ex-Goalie.

Monday, July 30, 2007

The sound of Monday

It's the sound of a dying cow. A languished, sad moo emanating from somewhere down a hallway. Really a dying cow?

No.

Just one of my bosses phone ring tone. It is listed as melancholy sax, as though a musical instrument has the right to sound like what I'd imagine a dying cow would sound like.

I'm not being morose. I don't sit around thinking about what sounds come out of different living animals as they die. The noise hit me a little off guard the first time I heard it and it has been the dying cow sound ever since.

The cow dies a lot on Monday.

It's sad, really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chalupa said...

Good to hear from you. Are you still in New Orleans?

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home